- Total Investment: 45.000 €
The Mary Help of Christians School is located in the Matadi neighborhood of Monrovia, capital of Liberia, and it provides elementary, high school, youth center, Don Bosco community, and parish. The school has 600 students, 100 of which attend the food program supported by the center.
- NGO: Salesians of Don Bosco
- Service: 24/7 light and electrical supply
- Impact: 600 students and community
- FV Installation: 75 panels (25 kW)
- Social Impact: Improvement in education and social assistance services
- Project: In full operation
As is common in Monrovia, the electricity supply is very unstable; Furthermore, the cost of electricity in Liberia is one of the highest in the world. For this reason, the center needed to use two generators to have a few hours of electricity per day.
With the help of members of the Don Bosco 8th Street technical school, an installation of 75 panels and a battery bank has been made that will allow classes and activities to be carried out without depending on the network.
In addition to the primary and secondary school the Don Bosco Matadi Compound provides many activities with the community through its youth center such as education support, sport activities (basketball, futbol, etc.), and support to youth in the community.