The Tapeta complex, in Liberia, is located 350 km from the capital, in the interior of the country. It has a health and maternity center, primary and secondary school, residence and water pump. Being in the middle of the jungle, it provides a vital service to the surrounding population. Service that was hampered by frequent power outages, so until now a generator set was used. The complex is operated by the Salesians of Don Bosco.
- NGO: Salesians of Don Bosco
- Service: 24/7 Light and Electricity supply
- Impact: Health center & Maternity, students and community
- Installation FV: 18 panels (6 kW)
- Social Impact: Improvement in education and social assistance services
- Project: In full operation
The new solar system provides vital electrical coverage to the entire complex, allowing the health and maternity center to attend to emergencies and the school to carry out activities at night safely. As well as pump water and provide light for the Don Bosco community.