The Pelende center, located in the west of the Democratic Republic of Congo, is used for training sessions, cultural activities and meetings. This center is under the parish of Notre-Dame/Pelende, in the diocese of Popokabaka. It is a rural area far from any infrastructure.
The center contacted EKI Foundation in 2022 to build a solar installation that would allow the center to operate at night and use electrical appliances. The material for the installation was purchased in Kinshasa, and the project was executed on site by Fidele, one of our regular collaborators, supervised remotely by Angel from our offices.
- NGO: Paroisse Notre-Dame/Pelende
- Service: Light and electricity 24/7
- Impact: access to electricity for the center
- PV Instalation: 12 panels (5.46 kWp) and lithium batteries (15.4 kWh)
- Social Impact: improvement of the center's activity