- Total Investment: 75.000 €
EKI Foundation is developing the second phase of electrification of the Don
Bosco Fambul complex that the Salesians of Don Bosco have built in Sierra
Leone, one hour from the capital Freetown. This phase consists of seven
buildings, including residences for more street children, schools, a cynic, two
water pumps and accommodation for a total of 120 people among beneficiary
children and Don Bosco staff.
- NGO; Salesians of Don Bosco Sierra Leone
- Service: Light, water, and electrical supply 24/7
- Impact: 120 Residents (Children and Don Bosco Staff)
- PV Installation: 120 panels, (39,6 kWp),
- Social Impact: Education, health, and empowerment
- Project Situation: Installation phase
The panels have been fixed to concrete footings mounted on the ground so as not to compromise the integrity of the buildings. In addition, this facilitates the cleaning and maintenance of the panels. Likewise, the electrical distribution between the buildings has been performed.
The commissioning of the installation will be performed when the current situation caused by COVID-19 allows it.
This project is the extension of the Fambul I project performed at the end of 2018.