- Total Investment: 17.366€
In collaboration with the Congregation of the Daughters of our Lady of the Garden of Pamplona, and by the hand of Sister Encarnación Riol, we have provided a back up solar energy system for the compound that the Sisters manage in the neighborhood of Mpasa II, on the outskirts of Kinshasa, the capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The solar installation will offer an automatic stable and reliable electrical backup source during the frequent power outages of the electrical grid. The compound consists of a nursery school, a women's promotion center, a nutritional center, a water pump, and the sisters' house.
- NGO; Congregation of Our Lady of the Garden
- Service: Light, 24/7 electrical supply, and water supply
- Impact: 120 students, 20 women per course
- PV Installation: 12 panels (3,6 kW), Batteries (24V 875Ah), Inverters 6 kVA
- Social Impact : Education, nutrition, water supply, quality of services
- Project Situation: In Operation
The center is connected to an unstable electrical network, with blackouts of more than a week, and have an old generator to pump the water that the compound uses.
In this humble neighborhood, 15,000 people live in extreme poverty, without access to reliable drinking water or sanitation.
The Sisters also operate a health and maternity center in the Mpasa II neighborhood, where EKI installed its first solar installation to ensure a reliable and safe source of energy for light and refrigeration of the blood bank, medicines, vaccines, water supply etc.