Due to the frequent and prolonged power cuts in the city of Porto Novo in Benin, the Salesians of Don Bosco asked the EKI Foundation for a new solar system. The Magone Center is part of the CAPE program (Child Care and Protection Centers) and is a long-term shelter that also has a school and training workshops. These children are in a situation of marginalization and vulnerability.
- NGO: Salesians of Don Bosco
- Service: Electricity and power supply 24/7
- Impacto: 70 children and Salesian community
- Instalación FV: 36 panels (17.6 kW)
- Impacto social: Improvement of the center and attention to the children
The Magone center has a school focused on students with learning difficulties, carpentry and motorcycle workshops, as well as the Salesians' offices. The center has the capacity to accommodate about 60 children. The facility was completed thanks to the hard work done by the local team with the supervision of EKI Foundation staff.
In 2021 the Magone Center served 42 children aged 10 to 16 years. Thanks to mediation 20 children were reintegrated into their families and communities.