- Total Investment: 20.000€
The congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, together with Africa Directo, has presented this project to us to improve the electric supply of the Moyo Safi Wa Maria hospital. The hospital is located in Msewe, a suburb of Dar es Salaam, capital of Tanzania. The hospital opened its doors as the only health center in the area, and was promoted to the Hospital category by the Ministry of Health of Tanzania in 2006.
Currently, it serves 50,000 people a year, in addition to campaigning every 4 months for the surrounding villages to assist those without means to travel to the hospital.
- ONG: Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (FIHM)
- Servicio: Light and power supply 24/7
- Impacto: 50.000 people benefited
- Instalación FV: 40 panels, (11 kW),
- Impacto social: Improvement in hospital services
- Situación Proyecto: In operation
The hospital has a connection to the electrical grid, although it has frequent and prolonged power outages. During these cuts, the hospital used an old generator that did not have enough power to power all the hospital's services, and which also supposed a fivefold increase in the cost of the electricity. It was also necessary to constantly repair the generator, further increasing operating costs.